FINAT organises two annual competitions: the Labelling Competition and Recycling Awards Competition. The first has as objective to promote and highlight the advantages and uses of self-adhesive labels and flexible packaging as an effective marketing, promotional or identification tool. The latter recognizes efforts of the industry in paper and film release liner recycling.
FINAT Labelling Competition
The annual competition showcases the best of self-adhesive label print. As of 2018, the competition will also promote the use of narrow web flexible packaging (press width up to 570mm) as an additional product range for label printers. It recognises and rewards achievement in terms of both end use/ marketing impact and print and converting quality. Awards are given – by a jury of leading industry experts - in the main segments where self-adhesive labels and flexible packaging are used: alcoholic beverages, food, household, industrial, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, security labelling, (self-) promotion, and booklet/coupon labels and for the major reel-fed print processes: flexo, letterpress, screen, offset, gravure, digital print and combination print.
Benefits of entering
- Peer recognition of reaching a high standard within the industry
- All winners and highly commended will be displayed during the annual FINAT European Label Forum
- Group and category winners will also be displayed at Labelexpo Europe
- Selected winners will be entered free in the World Label Association Competition
- Promotion of winning companies at international level
How to enter
- Download the brochure, read the participation details very carefully (pay attention to the new category Flexible Packaging in Group C) and note the conditions for entering. (French and German translations can be found in the column on the right.)
- Fill in the online form (in English only)
- Respect the deadline. All entries should be received by FINAT no later than 23 March 2018.
FINAT European Label Forum 2016 recap Awards Ceremony - posted 1 September 2016
L9 World Label Awards
The L9 World Label Awards is a global competition in which currently six continents are participating: USA (TLMI), Japan (JFLP), Europe (FINAT), Australia (FPLMA), New Zealand (SALMA), and India (LMAI). In order for companies to compete and to win an award, their entry has to win a prize in their own local label awards competition first, eg TLMI , FINAT, FPLMA, JFLP, SALMA, or LMAI. Each Association (Chairman of the jury) then selects entries for the WLAA from their nominated or winning entries, which are judged and possibly rewarded with the World Label Award.
For more information please contact Tony White of AWA Consulting
FINAT Recycling Awards Competition
Introduced in 2014 to recognize efforts of the industry in paper and film release liner recycling. All entries are judged by an independent panel consisting of representatives from INGEDE (the International Association of the Deinking Industry) and EPRO (the European Association of Plastics Recycling and Recovery Organisations). More information on how to apply, competition rules and reports will follow soon.