FINAT Label Competition
The FINAT Label Competition recognises and highlights the advantages and uses of self-adhesive labels and flexible packaging as an effective marketing, promotional or identification tool.
The FINAT Labelling Competition 2024 is now open for entries!
Winning an award from the FINAT Labelling Competition isn't just an accolade; it's a passport to international recognition within the label industry. Positioned as the pinnacle of achievement for label converters, success in this competition opens doors to a myriad of opportunities. From attracting new business and enhancing your company's profile in key sectors to boosting employee morale and motivation, the benefits are substantial. Moreover, your printer's standing in the label industry gets a significant lift.
- SHINE A LIGHT! Illuminate the power of self-adhesive labels as a dynamic marketing, promotional, or identification tool. Embrace narrow web flexible packaging (press widths up to 570mm) as a crucial product range for label converters.
- PUSH BOUNDARIES! Encourage printers and converters to push the technical and quality boundaries of the self-adhesive and narrow web flexible packaging industries.
- LOVE LABELS! Foster the global use of label and narrow web techniques, benefiting the label and associated industries worldwide.
Benefits of Entering
- GET EXPOSURE! Your winning entry receives widespread coverage in mainstream label industry media, offering an opportunity for local and business press exposure. Featured in the FINAT LNO publication, it's an added asset.
- STAY RELEVANT! Showcase your winning entries at the annual European Label Forum, on the FINAT website, and every two years during Labelexpo Europe after the official awards ceremony.
- GO EVEN FURTHER! Selected entries from this year's winners earn the privilege of representing FINAT at the L9 World Label Competition in 2024. This exclusive opportunity is the sole gateway, as direct entries from individual companies are not accepted.
FINAT Label Competition 2023 Winners
A special Judge’s Award was given to Lebone Paarl Labels from South Africa for Neil Ellis West Coast. Hear more from Tersia Botha, Warren Pietersen and Brad Gold on creating this fabulous label.
Bahadir Sivgin of Ciftsan Label & Packaging Company from Turkey happily shares the story behind their two winning labels in the marketing/end-uses group and the printing processes group.
The group winner in Innovation & Electronic printing of 2023 is Schreiner Group from Germany. Jens vor der Brueggen gives some more background on the technique and efficient process of creating their winning label.
The winner of the non-adhesive applications group was Kimoha Entrepreneurs of the United Arab Emirates. Vinesh Bhimani and Ramakrishna Karanth tell you more about winning at the 2023 FINAT label competition.
Results previous editions
Video interviews of previous winners can be found on our YouTube channel.
L9 World Label Awards
The L9 World Label Awards is a global competition in which currently six continents are participating: USA (TLMI), Japan (JFLP), Europe (FINAT), Australia (FPLMA), New Zealand (SALMA), and India (LMAI). In order for companies to compete and to win an award, their entry has to win a prize in their own local label awards competition first, eg TLMI , FINAT, FPLMA, JFLP, SALMA, or LMAI. Each Association (Chairman of the jury) then selects entries for the WLAA from their nominated or winning entries, which are judged and possibly rewarded with the World Label Award.
For more information please contact Tony White of AWA Consulting