FlexoKITE Launches 2021 Problem-Solving Webinar Series
FlexoKITE, a collaboration of leading flexo industry manufacturers, eagerly announces a series of technical problem-solving webinars in 2021, beginning with a February 3 deep-dive into White Ink Opacity Challenges. FlexoKITE’s mission is to empower its global webinar audience to examine and solve real-world print problems converters are facing today. FlexoKITE’s mission is the promotion of flexo methods that reduce product waste and press downtime.
opics for FlexoKITE’s 2021 webinar series come directly from participant feedback during FlexoKITE’s inaugural November webinar. This year’s webinar series is focused on mastering challenges facing specific segments in the label, flexible packaging, and corrugated printing spaces. The webinar series will be hosted by Apex & Esko, featuring speakers from our FlexoKITE partners, industry experts, and also converters who have already overcome these challenges.
FlexoKITE’s 2021 webinar series includes these relevant topics:
- Fiber Suppression and Washboarding Reduction in Corrugated
- UV Ink Spitting
- Screening Principles & Yellow Moiré
- Color Impact of White Ink Opacity with UV Inks
- Plate life, plate wear & overpressure
- Print production synchronization
Each webinar addresses a specific print problem and follows a structured step-by-step approach to reveal solutions:
- Problem definition
- Highlight the consequences of the issue in production
- Identify the root cause of Fault
- Understand the costs associated with the Fault
- Demonstrate the possible solutions to eliminate the problem
- Highlight any implications the solutions may have in press performance / efficiency
- Advise the required steps and contacts to solve the problem
- Indicate the costs associated to the solutions suggested
FlexoKITE’s webinar presenters employ a “teamwork” approach to resolving these everyday challenges wherein a combination of technologies, procedures, knowledge & experience combine to offer a “creative” and holistic solution.
On February 3, FlexoKITE’s webinar takes a closer look at the Color Impact of White Ink Opacity with Solvent Inks. Print quality in flexible packaging is heavily impacted by white ink. When white ink is not sufficiently opaque or homogenous, printed graphics appear dull or grey. Increasing the printed ink weight by increasing anilox volume can improve opacity. But there are obvious trade-offs concerning bond strengths for lamination — not to mention ink usage. White ink typically represents 30% of converters’ ink costs.
To register click here.
In this February 3 webinar we explore the advantages of a synchronized, holistic approach combining the latest plate technologies, advanced screening patterns, and anilox technologies. We look in detail how to select optimal plate-screening, anilox, and ink to deliver improvements in quality, efficiency, and cost reduction.
Key Webinar Take-Aways:
- SOP to simplify evaluating the print quality of white ink
- New technologies to improve print quality of white ink
- Cost/Benefit/Improvement analysis