Esko unveils advancements in automation and cloud-based capabilities with new Automation Engine
Flexible to fit with individual business needs, scalable and customized to optimize individual workflows, Automation Engine has become the beating heart of the prepress process. With this new release, the heart of the prepress is beating stronger than ever.
Designed and built by packaging experts, for packaging experts, Automation Engine has established itself as the benchmark for optimized prepress workflow automation. As well as delivering high-performance, yet easy-to-use workflow automation, this major new release introduces new, secure cloud capabilities and a brand-new web-based experience, enabling all customers to stay connected anytime, anywhere.
“With Automation Engine SaaS we can centralize resources in terms of expertise, software and hardware, delivering cost and time savings and reducing operational risks”
Mark King, Technical Manager – Division, Essentra Packaging
Esko Automation Engine is the workflow solution that can automate over 350 packaging-specific prepress tasks – a huge time and effort saver. It integrates with business systems, which speeds up the process, and more importantly reduces the error rate and need for operator intervention.
The next generation Automation Engine includes a host of new features including:
- NEW Software as a Service (SaaS) – the new cloud-based offering not only reduces IT infrastructure overheads and headaches – such as flexible up-and-downscaling of server capacity, security, backup, guaranteed uptime and availability - but it also helps boost operational productivity and cross-site working
- NEW My WorkSpace – Improve team productivity with personalized work environments that provide quick and easy access to manage, monitor and launch workflows. A browser-based, customizable layout offers shortcuts, improved search filters, ability to access Jobs and Products and launch workflows all from one location
- NEW web-based UX – Ensure adoption by users of all levels. Empower teams with the ability to access anytime, from anywhere via the new, secure web interface. Collaborate easily and simply on jobs with user-driven views, simplified navigation and improved search and selection tools
- NEW “drop zone” - Save time with configurable asset ‘drop zones’ that make building and launching workflows quicker and easier. Users can search and select workflows, drag and drop files to it, edit parameters and initiate - all from one location
- NEW Viewing and QA - Guarantee quality with the ability to view files quickly and easily, and conduct detailed quality checks before going to the press
- Jobs & Products views – quickly and easily search jobs and assets. Access files, view their status and launch workflows all from one workspace