Avery Dennison® “Wrap Like A King” Challenge is back for 2021 - and open for vehicle wrap submissions
Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions has announced the return of the Wrap Like A King Challenge. This year’s vehicle wrap competition will run from September 1st to October 31, 2021. A new special concept called ‘Local Edition’ has been launched for the first time, with awards for 12 Regional Wrap Kings and three Continent Wrap Kings.
From September 1st wrap installers from over 40 countries are invited to submit their best full print or colour change vehicle wrapping projects.
Li Wen, senior director and general manager Graphics EMENA, said “In 2019 over 150 installers entered the challenge. It’s great to be back. Wrap Like a King is a great opportunity for installers to showcase their best work. Their projects will be judged by a global jury for the chance to win thousands of dollars in prizes, and be recognised by peers and customers”.
The combined 2021 prize packages for Regional and Continental winners exceed $30,000. The three Continental winners will also be invited to each select a charity to receive a $1000 donation in the name of the winner.
“Giving back to the community is important to Avery Dennison. We are thrilled to extend this to the communities of the three winners of the Wrap Like a King 2021 competition,” said Li Wen.
Wrap Like a King Local Edition - applications and process
Full information about the competition is available at wraplikeaking.com.
- Applicators from 12 different geographic regions can participate: United States, Canada, Europe & Middle East and Northern Africa, and the APAC Region (Australia, New Zealand, China and South Africa).
- All entries need to be submitted at wraplikeaking.com.
- Any project can be entered which uses Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping™ Film, the Conform Chrome series, MPI 1105 Digital Wrapping Series or a combination of car wrap films.
- Judges will select 12 Regional Wrap Kings - each winning nearly $2,000 worth of personalized marketing materials, Avery Dennison products and more.
- Regional Wrap Kings will then go on to compete across three continents: Europe & MENA, North America and APAC (Australia, New Zealand, China and South Africa).
- The three Continent Winners will be announced online on November 26, 2021, via the social media accounts linked to the participating Avery Dennison regions.
The 2021 Judges Panel:
The industry experts on the panel bring a wealth of experience to select the most beautiful, technically challenging or otherwise most impressive wraps.
- Justin Pate - Professional Installer/Instructor, Global - American based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Pate is an Avery Dennison certified installer/instructor in the U.S. with over 25 years of experience working both in the U.S. and in Europe. Notably, Pate is the head trainer for the Avery Dennison North American hands-on car wrap workshop and certification program.
- Penelope Garrido Milla - Co-owner of Alta Wrapping Academy
Penelope is the first Spanish woman to gain the Avery Dennison certificates of “Specialist Installer” & “Specialist Trainer”. She is co-owner of Alta Wrapping Academy, which has trained more than 1200 applicators from all over Spain in the last five years. With more than 19 years of high-level experience in visual communication, Penelope specializes in commercial and passenger vehicle imagery. She has taken a personal approach, focusing on helping academy participants to reach their maximum potential. Penelope is on the board of directors of FESPA ESPAÑA ASOCIACIÓN and the Women of Wraps (WOW) club.
- Qian Li - Hewlett Packard Application Development Manager, Spain
Qian Li is the printing application development manager for Hewlett Packard, based in Barcelona, Spain. He has worked with industrial large format printing for around 15 years, gaining a great deal of experience around many different aspects of digital printing technology and its various applications. Automotive wrapping is a particular area of expertise, not only because it is one of the key application areas for HP Latex technology, but also because wraps represent one of the most exciting market areas, with enormous creative potential.
- Dariusz Tondera - Avery Dennison Technical Sales Support, Eastern Europe and Russia
Dariusz has been with Avery Dennison since 2012 and has been Technical Sales Support in Eastern Europe and Russia since 2016. For almost 10 years he travelled from the Oder to Vladivostok, supporting and training customers and applicators. Testing and understanding the products is very important for Dariusz, helping him to properly resolve questions and enquiries.
- Molly Waters - Avery Dennison Senior Technical Specialist, USA
Molly has been with Avery Dennison since 1997, when car wrapping was still in its infancy, and has since had the opportunity to see the evolution of digital and wrap film technology. She has over 24 years of experience in the professional automotive/wrap industry and has been around cars her entire life.
- Peter Wright - Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, Australia/New Zealand
Peter is a technical marketing manager and works with the industry’s leading installers, teaching vehicle wrapping workshops and promoting the industry. With strong expertise in leading vehicle wrapping workshops, he has trained more than 2,000 people from Australia, New Zealand and ASEAN countries.
- Sarel Krüger - Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, South Africa
Sarel joined the Avery team in 2011 after working in the signage industry for nearly 10 years. His experience ranges from equipment and software through to the manufacture of signage and graphics, vehicle wrapping and, ultimately, supplying material.
- Jun Kinoshita - Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions Japan
Jun Kinoshita is the sales manager for Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions in Japan. Kinoshita joined the company in 2009, and he introduced the Certified Wrap Installers training program to Japan the same year.
For more information on Avery Dennison vinyl for car graphics and where to buy Supreme Wrapping™ Film, visit graphics.averydennison.eu. Join the conversation on Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions’ European social channels, including Facebook and Instagram, and by following the hashtags #WLAKISBACK or #WLAK2021.