Avery Dennison® expands 2016 “Wrap Like a King” Challenge to 44 countries
Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions announced that the fourth annual “Wrap Like a King” Challenge is July 1 through September 30, 2016. With the addition of Australia and New Zealand, wrap installers from 44 countries across the globe can submit commercial or color change wrap projects to be judged to win prize packages worth $25,000. Over 170 installers entered the Challenge last year, and more are expected to compete in 2016.
“We expect 2016 to be a year of outstanding creativity for Wrap Like a King,” said Bill Podojil, senior business director, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions. “With a new crop of talented car wrap installers from Australia and New Zealand and the exciting ‘That’s a Wrap’ Gallery, we’ll be sharing all types of wraps, more than just vehicles, on a level never seen before.”
Eight geographic regions in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand have been established for the 2016 Wrap Like a King Challenge. Wrap installers from these regions will submit projects featuring Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping™ Film, Conform Chrome series, Avery Dennison MPI 1105 Supercast Digital film, or a combination of car wrap films to be evaluated against their regional peers by a panel of judges.
The first 25 submissions in the Challenge will receive a special entry prize. Regional winners will be announced in October. The overall winner will be chosen by the panel of judges as the best in show and crowned the “King of the Wrap World” at the 2016 SEMA Show, November 1-4, 2016 in Las Vegas, NV.
The 2016 Judges Panel includes:
- Justin Pate - The Wrap Institute, USA - Pate is an Avery Dennison certified installer/instructor in the US. He leads the Avery Dennison North America hands-on car wrap workshop and certification program and is co-owner of The Wrap Institute.
- Myles Kovacs - DUB Magazine, USA - Kovacs is the president and co-founder of DUB® Magazine, a US based magazine that focuses on the urban custom car culture and celebrities and their vehicles.
- Vilmer Klok - World Wide Wrap, Netherlands - Klok is the founder of World Wide Wrap, an online car wrap community that strives to increase awareness of the wrap industry.
- Nuno Gomes - Second Skin Design, Portugal - Gomes is the owner of Second Skin Design, providing technical advice and application services for other companies, particularly in the field of car wrapping with digitally printed material.
- Molly Waters - Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, North America - Waters is a senior technical specialist in North America, visiting sign and wrap shops talking with customers about the car wrap industry. She frequently contributes to the Avery Dennison blog.
- Peter Wright - Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, Asia Pacific - Wright is a technical marketing manager and works with the industry's leading installers, teaching vehicle wrapping workshops and promoting the industry.
- Hans Bruins - Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions, Europe - Bruins is the technical marketing manager for Signage and Wrapping, involved in the development, launch, application testing and product profiles for new films.
The eight regional winners will receive a trip to the 2016 SEMA Show in Las Vegas where the 2016 “King of the Wrap World” will be announced. The $3,200 prize pack also includes a 2017 Avery Dennison wrap class, personalized Wrap Like a King swag, a personalized 67” Race Ramp, a meet and greet with Richard Rawlings and a variety of promotional and marketing tools for the winner’s wrap shop. The “King of the Wrap World” grand prize package is worth almost $5,000.
Starting this year, wrap installers can also share non-automotive wraps on www.wraplikeaking.com. The new “That’s a Wrap” Gallery provides installers the opportunity to show off a wider range of wrap skills. Items like laptops, calculators, high heels and kitchen appliances have been showcased via Avery Dennison social media pages, and now they can be submitted and featured in Wrap Like a King. The “That’s a Wrap” Gallery will be open for submissions this summer.
Car wrap installers are encouraged to enter a vehicle wrap project using Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping™ Film or digital Supercast films at www.wraplikeaking.com. Official rules, judge bios and prize information is also posted on the site.
For more information on Avery Dennison vinyl for car graphics and where to buy Supreme Wrapping Films, visit graphics.averydennison.eu.