FINAT Technical Seminar 2020
From 1-3 December (14.30 - 17.30 CET) the first virtual Technical Seminar will take place.
We would like to thank the following companies for supporting the event.
The three sessions will concentrate on the following topics:
1 December: Business scenarios (seen from a supplier's and end-user's perspective)
End-user session: moderated by Alex Knott, Dow
- 14.35 - 14.55 Steven de Cleen, ProudDesign (NL): Building a Beer Brand with Hope
- 14.55 - 15.15 Alex Knott, Dow (BE): Brand Owner Feedback (perception of labels vs other decoration/identification methods
- 15.15 - 15.35 Christian Menegon, HP Indigo: Brand Protection: Threats, challenges & opportunities
Business scenarios session: moderated by Federico d'Annunzio, BOBST (in this session participants can actively contribute by answering polls)
The digital workflow revolution is spreading at a high pace. The main industry leaders have developed their own data management and digital workflow instruments. Evalute their TCO and ROI approaches to shape yours and drive the new era of the Digital Revolution.
- 16.05 - 16.15 Geert De Proost, Esko (B): Packaging connected
- 16.15 - 16.25 François Martin, BOBST (IT): Digital printing the new standard in labels
- 16.25 - 16.35 Martin Leitner, Durst Phototechnik (IT): ECG
- 16.35 - 16.45 Speaker from Gallus (CH): the Gallus Prinect workflow revolution
- 16.45 - 16.55 Atze Bosma, MPS Systems (NL): How to calculate your TCO in 5 minutes
- 16.55 - 17.30 TCO & ROI panel discussion with abovementioned speakers and Q&A
2. December: Digital vs analogue printing technology
Digital innovation lighthouse session: moderated by Federico d'Annunzio, BOBST (IT)
Digital, flexo or hybrid. What to choose in your situation. This session will provide you with a technology overview and comparison of the different printing systems. (Participants will again have the opportunity to interact by answering several polls.)
- 14.30 - 14.55 Federico d'Annunzio, BOBST (IT): Introduction in the digital culture
- 14.55 - 15.00 Martin Leitner, Durst Phototechnik (CH):
- 15.00 - 15.05 Geert De Proost, Esko (B):
- 15.05 - 15.10 Thomas Schweizer, Gallus (CH):
- 15.10 - 15.15 Håkan Sundqvist, Grafotronic Finishing Machines (PL):
- 15.15 - 15.20 Christian Menegon, HP Indigo (ES):
- 15.20 - 15.25 Atze Bosma, MPS Systems (NL):
- 15.25 - 15.30 Alan Mills, Phoseon (UK):
- 15.30 - 15.35 Chiara Prati, Prati Company (IT):
- 15.35 - 15.50 Discussion & Q&A
- 15.50 - 16.15 Break
Technology Insights session moderated by Federico d'Annunzio, BOBST (IT)
Digital, flexo or hybrid? Digital and converting: inline or offline? Is digital safe for food packaging? The above companies will confront their visions and their current technologies to support your future choices in the industry. (Participants will again have the opportunity to interact by answering polls.)
- 16.15 - 16.20 Introduction
- 16.20 - 16.35 Digital vs. analogue panel
- 16.35 - 16.50 Analogue
- 16.50 - 17.05 Hybrid
- 17.05 - 17.20 Digital for food packaging
- 17.20 - 17.30 Q&A
3. December: Regulatory affairs & sustainability
Regulatory Affairs Session moderated by Jérôme Salvert, Elkem Silicones (F)
- 14.30 - 14.35 Introduction
- 14.35 - 14.50 Julien Kapsa, Siegwerk France (F): Food Contact Regulations for Ink
- 14.50 - 15.15 Jonathan Sexton: UVFoodSafe: Compliant Printing for Food with Confidence
- 15.15 - 15.35 Ruth Bauer, BASF Colors & Effects (DE): Risk Assessment of Pigments for Food Contact Applications
- 15.35 - 15.55 Networking break
Sustainability session moderated by Corey Reardon, AWA - Alexander Watson Associates (NL):
This session will highlight solutions and industry action on the critical issues facing the label industry around sustainability and recycling, focusing on the industry proactively enacting change to solidify its future in an environment where sustainability is a prerequisite and not an option.
- 15.55 - 16.00 Introduction
- 16.00 - 16.20 Krassimira Kazashka, CITPA (B): EU Green deal and the new circular economy
- 16.20 - 16.30 Calvin Frost, Channeled Resources (USA): Energy – The Most Viable Solution for Non-Recyclable By-Product
- 16.30 - 16.40 Mikko Rissanen, UPM Specialty Papers (FI): Release Liner Recycling – A Sustainable Solution
- 16.40 - 16.50 Rob Groen in 't Wout, Avery Dennison Materials Group (NL): Sustainable PSA Labels - the CleanFlakeTM product
- 16.50 - 17.00 Anzelma Hajro Juricic, Avery Dennison Materials Group (NL): Celab - An industry initiative to build a Circular Economy for self-adhesive Label materials in Europe
- 17.00 - 17.15 Panel discussion
- 17.15 - 17.30 Corey Reardon, AWA (NL): Sustainable Label Markets overview
Stay tuned. We will keep you posted on further developments.
Delegate participation: The online registration has closed. If you wish to participate, please send a mail to email@example.com.
Participation is free of charge for FINAT members.
Watch the video of the FINAT Technical Seminar 2018 to get a better idea of what to expect.