Tarsus/FINAT Webinar ‘Labels in review - an overview of Label Congress 2021’ Part 2
On 29 and 30 September, the Label Congress, organised by Tarsus, took place in Chicago. As a courtesy to FINAT members who are unable to travel to the States due to ongoing travel restrictions, Tarsus and FINAT will be co-hosting a series of two 1.5 hour luncheon webinars titled ‘Labels in review - an overview of Label Congress 2021’, on Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 October, from 13.00 - 14.30 CET.
Each webinar will highlight one of the respective days of the Label Congress and will be moderated by editors Andy Thomas and James Quirk from Labels & Labeling.
Day 2, Thursday 14 October 2021, 13.00 – 14.30 CET:
How Big is Big Data?
Moderation James Quirk, Labels & Labeling
Panelists Bert Visscher (CCL Healthcare), Cees Schouten (Geostick) and Marius van Lith (MPS)
Covid19 and the disconnection of global supply chains have highlighted the virtues (and pitfalls) of Industry 4.0. The internet of things has helped to support global connectivity, and workflow automation has enabled the industry to control the damage of workforce disruptions. But what IS ‘Big Data’ and what are the longer-term implications?
- With so many laws to protect ownership and security is the use of data actually possible in the world to a great enough effect?
- What drives the use of it in modern printing works; efficiency, quality, transparency to customer portals etc. What is it the client wants … do they even know..?
- Will the use of data and digitalisation drive us from a skill-based industry into a science-based workplace?
- Do we need to standardise the language of data?
- How do we, in this interconnected business environment, protect our MIS systems from sabotage by data hacking or ransoming?
- Do we need to speak of ‘continuous development and innovation’ rather than ‘continuous improvement’?
To register click here.